Thursday, December 12, 2013

Mr. Firebreath, Big Red, and Quarterpocket's Tricks

   Interviews yesterday went very well, and after some consideration, we decided to hire Angelica Treesparkle for our R&D department. She was educated at Princeton and speaks Swedish, plays the harp, and volunteers at North Pole General in Labor and Delivery a few hours a week.
   As part of the interview process, we have each applicant bring a portfolio of projects they've worked on in the past and encourage them to bring in any new and original toy designs and/or prototypes they may have created. Miss Treesparkle showed me and my team an awesome new toy called "Mr. Firebreath." It's this cool dragon toy that shoots fire out of his mouth like a flame thrower. I nearly burned down my office when I first tried it! My curtains were torched, but I can get new ones tomorrow, probably. We took it out to an ice berg floating just off the coast near factory's west gate and I melted my initials into it. (Well, someone has to melt the icecaps! Al Gore is going to be so disappointed otherwise...)
   Needless to say, I was really impressed. However, when I showed the toy to the safety people, they were not too happy. Ugh. They said "absolutely not". They always ruin everything! Every time we come out with a cool new toy they full-on reject it. Man, toys are so BORING these days! If you can find the video, I recommend taking a look at the old commercial for the last awesome toy I invented that got pulled - but only after it made it into kids' homes. It was called Big Red. It was a viking doll that shot streams of red fluid out of its head like a sprinkler. Kids loved it! Boring parents and other stick-in-the-mud adults did not.
   In other news, my cousin Toffeebells told me that actually, Mintchuckle Sweetcheeks hadn't seen my blog at all! She's been really busy with the baking schedule and her endorsements and really didn't give it a thought. I guess that's a good thing and a bad thing. Oh well. I saw her at the Christmas briefing. Guess who sat down right beside her? Mr. Bobkins Snifflebrook, my arch nemesis. Hope she likes the smell of dead fish...
  Quarterpockets is getting really good at playing dead. He even does this pathetic little cough before his body goes limp. And, when he shakes, I swear his little "ruff ruff" sounds like, "Pleased to meet you." He's going to take Best in Show, mark my words!
   Well, I have a busy rest of the day. Hope you are all being good!
Cheers!
Fritz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment